Throwback Music Fest
Friday-Sunday, September 7-9
Third annual retro street party in Gladstone Park neighborhood
Throwback Music Fest
- Eclectic tunes, plus…
- Pet parade (Saturday)
- Vintage car show (Sunday)
- Miss Throwback pin-up contest (Sunday)
- Food, kids’ area and artists
CHICAGO, IL—August 9, 2018—Nostalgia will be the name of the game when the third annual Throwback Music Fest takes it to the streets of Chicago’s northwest side Gladstone Park neighborhood on Friday-Sunday, September 7-9.
The post-Labor Day party will be held on the 6000-6100 blocks of N. Milwaukee Avenue, just north of Peterson.
Beyond generation-spanning music from Chicagoland’s top tribute bands, artists and food, other weekend highlights include…
- Visitors are encouraged to dress their furry friends in their retro finest for a Pet Parade on Saturday, September 8. It takes place at 11:00 a.m. and includes prizes for the best costumes.
- For car buffs, on Sunday, September 9, there will be a display of vintage cars all day long outside of Malec & Sons Funeral Home, 6000 N. Milwaukee.
- And the cool retro fun of a "Miss Throwback Pin-up Contest" will be held on Sunday afternoon, September 9, from 3:00-6:00 p.m. Prizes will be given for the top three winning contestants judged as having the best hair, makeup and attire from the ’40s, ’50s and early ’60s. Open to women ages 18 and older, participants must sign up in advance on the event’s website.
- The fest’s kids’ area will feature inflatables, face paintings and more.
- In addition, on Sunday, September 9, at 11:00 a.m. there will be a 9/11 Memorial Service honoring the fallen first responders on the event’s 17th anniversary.
Throwback Music Fest hours are 4:00-10:30 p.m. on Friday; 11:00 a.m.-10:30 p.m. on Saturday; and 11:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. on Sunday.
A $5 gate donation benefits the Gladstone Park Chamber of Commerce’s scholarship program.
►For more please visit www.ThrowbackMusicFest.com; 773.868.3010.
The weekend’s music and activity schedule is:
Friday, September 7
5:00 p.m. Cover Dogs (rock)
6:30 p.m. TNT (AC/DC tribute)
8:30 p.m. Night Train (Guns ‘n Roses tribute)
Saturday, September 8
11:00 p.m. Pet Parade
Noon Bosco (party rock)
1:20 p.m. Todd & the Ten Pins (classic pop/rock)
3:00 p.m. One Way Street (rock)
4:45 p.m. Northside (pop/rock)
6:45 p.m. 97 Nine (classic pop/rock)
8:45 p.m. Bruce in the USA (Bruce Springsteen tribute)
Sunday, September 9
11:00 a.m. 9/11 Memorial Ceremony
Noon The Flat Cats (bebop jazz)
2:00 p.m. Rosie & The Rivets (retro rock)
3:00 p.m. Miss Throwback Pin-up Contest (continuing until 6:00 p.m.)
4:00 p.m. Piano Man (Elton John/Billy Joel tribute)
6:00 p.m. Rumours (Fleetwood Mac tribute)
8:00 p.m. Rod Tuffcurls & The Bench Press (pop/rock)